M&A Investment Banking Associate
At Persient, M&A is our singular focus. We are a middle market investment banking firm delivering creative, global take-to-market strategies for mature, profitable business owners ready to sell. Our exceptional client service is guided by our passion for M&A and our core values: High Standards, Higher Intelligence, Highest Value.
We are different than your typical investment bank. We are a tight-knit team and only work with a few select clients at any given time – allowing us to create genuine partnerships and ensure our clients are supported during this lifechanging period. Joining us means you will work directly with the leadership team at Persient and be deeply involved with each client engagement, interacting with CEOs, founders, and entrepreneurs on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who is as deeply passionate about M&A and client service as we are. This is a unique opportunity for a professional with a background in a Big 4 or Top 10 accounting firm or relevant M&A experience to leverage their experience and take on a challenging and rewarding role in the investment banking field. The ideal candidate would be based in the Southern California region, with preference for San Diego.
- Responsible for the preparation of take-to-market materials, such as teasers, information memoranda, management presentations, and client pitches.
- Prepare and manage detailed financial data packs for each client engagement.
- Build financial models and related analyses using various valuation approaches.
- Compile and manage detailed buyer lists for each client engagement.
- Manage the comprehensive due diligence process.
- Conduct research and market studies.
- Contact both strategic and institutional investors.
- Interact with both clients and prospects in a professional manner.
- Support business development and marketing initiatives to source new clients and transactions.
- Manage and develop junior members of the team.
Key Skills Desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Excellent financial modeling skills, with understanding of Excel formulas and ability to quickly compile and analyze data from various formats.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles, with understanding of the link between the three financial statements.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to critically think and problem-solve.
- Positive, self-starter, deadline-oriented, and ability to work autonomously.
- Desire to work in a small team environment and be part of a growing firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Big 4 or Top 10 accounting firm (preferably in transaction advisory, valuation, or audit), investment banking, private equity, corporate finance or similar role.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary and year-end bonus program.
- Paid time-off and sick leave.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k matching.
Persient LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.